An essential element of the Partnerships in Comprehensive Literacy (PCL) model is the Comprehensive Literacy Model (CLM) Coach who implements the comprehensive literacy model at the school level. The CLM Coach partners with school administrators as instructional leaders in their building.
- provide demonstrations of the literacy framework
- work strategically with teachers in planning, monitoring, and assisting their teaching
- observe and coach teachers in effective literacy practices
- conduct pre-and post-instructional conferences with teachers, including constructive feedback
- plan and facilitate literacy team meetings, professional study groups and staff development sessions in best literacy practices
- coordinate the assessment process and progress monitoring of students
- teach an intervention group of students for 30 minutes daily
Upon successful completion of the specified coursework, students are awarded the Partnerships in Comprehensive Literacy Coach Advanced Studies Certificate.